[R] Curve fitting,FDA for biological data

trias t.gkikopoulos at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Apr 6 12:24:42 CEST 2009

There are a couple of different goals for this projects

 *identify periodicities at different timescales (ie different dT)
 *fit data into discrete number of curves, ie 6 different basic functions
should be enough to describe the basic repeating elements in this data (ie 6
different categories of peaks)
 *comapre data from different experiments of the same "time" reference (in
my case this is location on chromosome) for changes in the underlying basic
elements (ie changes of the basic funtions,periodicity etc)

 I think if I can find a strategy to answer some of these question I be in a
good position to explore this data analysis further if needed.

 Thanks a lot