[R] Bonpower Crashes Trying Sparse Matrix (Igraph)

Surendar Swaminathan surendar.swaminathan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 21:22:11 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I have been trying to do bonpow for a while now.Bonpow works for few graphs
and for few others it goes out of memory.

I did see reply to one of the posting Alph Centrality Crashed in Igraph
memory error.

The solution in the posting was to use sparse matrix. This is the link of
the message.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/igraph-help/2008-04/msg00071.html
I was able to obtain edgelist for the graph and I do not know how to convert
that to sparse matrix and obtain bonpow.
Can someone help me.
 This is what I tried

Summary(g)

Vertices: 8047
Edges: 99060
Directed: FALSE
No graph attributes.
Vertex attributes: name.
No edge attributes.
I use get.adjacency( graph,Sparse=TR

UE) to obtain the sparse matrix.Converted the sparse matrix to graph and fed
the graph object to bonpow.
Can someone help me with this.I know I am making a big mistake but I do not
know how to solve them.

Please find the attached graph object along with this mail.

Nathan.