[R] extract values from summary

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Tue Apr 7 09:01:07 CEST 2009

Felipe Carrillo <mazatlanmexico <at> yahoo.com> writes:

>  # How can I extract the 'Forecasts' from the 'summary(predicted)' from the
example below?

..
> # I would like to extract the three predicted values and
> # make a line plot with the 'Point Forecast' values only.
>  # I tried str(predicted) and names(predicted) to see which
>  # variable had the forecast values but I crashed. Thanks

Let's hope R crashed, not you. But anyway, a crash after str() means that
something is seriously wrong with you installation and requires reporting
to the author, including details of sessionInfo().

However, it looks like that's already well known:

See

http://cran.at.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_forecasting.html

where the package is rather reddish.

Dieter