[R] Help with biOps loading

Matias Bordese mbordese at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 15:09:08 CEST 2009

Hi Bob,

> I have tried several times to load biOps package after reading the posts in this archive regarding the necessity of placing these two libs in the PATH (libjpeg62.dll and libtiff3.dll).  I have tried locating the libs in several directories that should have worked, but I still get the following message.
> ------------------
>         Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
>         unable to load shared library 'C:/Program Files/R/R-2.8.1/library/biOps/libs/biOps.dll':
>         LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
>
>         Error: package/namespace load failed for 'biOps'
> -----------------
> I am using R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22) with Win-XP and Jaguar GUI
>
> Can anyone give me a hint about where to place the libs and how to get the biOps package to work. It looks like the package could solve several of my image processing problems.

It sounds like the required libraries are not correctly installed. In
a windows setup it is a kind of complex step to get it to work. We
have the idea to improve the installation step. I have a zip file
(that you can download here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/219274717/libs.zip.html) with the needed
dll's that you should decompress in the libs directoryof the biOps
package (something similar to C:/R-2.8.1/library/biOps/libs/). Tell me
if it helps. I hope you get it to work and solve you needs. Any
problem or question, just let me know.

Best regards,
Matías.