[R] Fatal Error (was Error in saveLog(currentLogFileName)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat Apr 11 22:27:29 CEST 2009

Prew, Paul wrote:
> Hello,  I hope someone can advise me on how to get R running on my Windows PC again.  I uninstalled R2.8.1, and also the previous version 2.8 that were on my hard drive.  I reinstalled 2.8.1, but when I started the program, the message below came up, and R shut down.
>
> "Fatal error:  unable to restore saved data in .Rdata"
>
> I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.8.1, but same results.  Then I uninstalled 2.8.1 and downloaded the 2.9 beta version.  Still the same fatal error message.
>
> Any advice on how I can rectify whatever I did to wreck R?

Probably your .Rdata file contains some objects that cannot be restored
in the newer version of R. Perhaps some S4 object that is no longer valid?
You could try to load the workspace with your old version of R again. Or
better, if you do not need the wrokspace, just delete the .Rdata file in
your working directory.

Best,
Uwe Ligges