[R] Fedora 10 KDE plasma font rendering issue

Paul Bivand paul.bivand at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:19:29 CEST 2009

I checked with my KDE 4.2 (Mandriva 2009 system, kde.org binaries)
with no font rendering issues in running demo(graphics).

It is quite possible that pango was not installed with Fedora (as it
is unnecessary for KDE 4.2 systems). Installing the relevant rpm may
fix things.

The packaging of the Fedora 2.8.1 rpm may need to take this into
account - if compiling, you'd have discovered at configure stage.

Paul Bivand

Paul Bivand