[R] Group by in R

Nick Angelou nikolay12 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 13:26:28 CEST 2009

Thanks a lot, guys. Gabor's and Mike's suggestion worked. Duncan's did not do
exactly what I expected (I guess it's the "paste" in Mike's that makes
"table" work as I needed it).

One more question - is there a convenient way to order the group by results
as follows:

As rows: the unique combinations of factors f1, f2, f3, as columns the
unique values of f4. The counts are basically the same as of the GROUP BY
statement (or the paste and table combination suggested by Mike).  Only the
way the result is structured is different.

Thanks,
Nick