[R] Legend: different family for title and labels

Marc Chiarini (Tufts) marc.chiarini at tufts.edu
Tue Apr 14 17:36:06 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I am attempting to create a legend where the title has font family
"sans" (or "Helvetica" in PS), and the labels (entries in the legend)
have font family "mono" (or "Courier").  Would anyone be able to offer
help on this?  I have successfully changed the entire legend family to
"mono" using par() after the plot and before the legend, and I can
change the title face using expression(), but not its family.  Is there
a way to do this without separately placing the title inside the legend
via text()?

Regards,
Marc