[R] Kruskal's MDS results

Dieter Vanderelst Dieter.Vanderelst at ua.ac.be
Wed Apr 15 19:13:49 CEST 2009

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that the stress is a measure of how good the algorithm managed to represent the ordinal distances between items. And I also see why it's dependent on the number of dimensions.

I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what the formula for the percentual stress is. To me it's not clear how this metric is calculated.

Regards,
Dieter