[R] Sweave and executive summaries

Karen_Byron at bd.com Karen_Byron at bd.com
Wed Apr 15 19:47:51 CEST 2009

   I'm learning to use R/Sweave/LaTeK to write my stat reports.  Is there a way
   to  have  an executive summary in the beginning while still having the
   analysis  code  embedded?   For example, a study has three independent
   objectives so I want my report to have three sections.  Ideally the code
   chunk  that answers the first objective would be embedded in the first
   section and so on.  However I want a table that summarizes the results from
   all three objectives at the beginning of the report.  Is there a way to
   generate a summary after the three sections but tell LaTeK to publish it
   first?  Possibly by rearranging the sections/pages?
   Currently I'm doing all the coding in a big block up front but that waste
   much of the advantage of weaving to me.
   If the right answer is 'post to a latek board' I'd be happy to get that
   feedback as well.
   Thank, Karen

   IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A.: This message may constitute
   an advertisement of a BD group's products or services or a solicitation of
   interest in them. If this is such a message and you would like to opt out of
   receiving future advertisements or solicitations from this BD group, please
   forward this e-mail to optoutbygroup at bd.com.
   message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the designated
   recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may
   be  subject  to the attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality
   protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, use,
   copy or distribute this message. If you received this in error, please
   notify  the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.