[R] Citing R

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Apr 15 22:47:17 CEST 2009

On 4/15/2009 4:42 PM, Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:
> What is the correct citation to R in BibTeX format?  I have looked in
> the R pages but so far without any luck.

 > citation()

To cite R in publications use:

   R Development Core Team (2008). R: A language and environment for
   statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing,
   Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org.

A BibTeX entry for LaTeX users is

   @Manual{,
     title = {R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing},
     author = {{R Development Core Team}},
     organization = {R Foundation for Statistical Computing},
     address = {Vienna, Austria},
     year = {2008},
     note = {{ISBN} 3-900051-07-0},
     url = {http://www.R-project.org},
   }

We have invested a lot of time and effort in creating R, please cite it
when using it for data analysis. See also ‘citation("pkgname")’ for
citing R packages.