[R] Sweave and executive summaries

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu Apr 16 08:10:48 CEST 2009

 <Karen_Byron <at> bd.com> writes:

>    I'm learning to use R/Sweave/LaTeK to write my stat reports.  Is there a way
>    to  have  an executive summary in the beginning while still having the
>    analysis  code  embedded?

Thanks to Ulrich Dietz from the German latex forum, I have an excellent
solution that can write summaries (for the top) and appendixes. It
is pure latex, but it main power comes when using it with rnw/Sweave.

<http://groups.google.de/group/de.comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/8830a37d45dfca8e/5b3c72557b10e32b>

The idea is to have sections that are written out to a file similarly
to bibtex, and are collected later. You can download a minimal self-
running example from

http://www.menne-biomed.de/uni/appcol2.tex

(Make sure that you do not ask any more latex related questions here,
you are running the risk of receiving a flame mail by higher authorities)

% -------- incomplete example -----
\begin{document}

\section{first section}
First paragraph.