[R] Problems with adabag

Antonio J. Saez-Castillo ajsaez at ujaen.es
Thu Apr 16 10:22:31 CEST 2009

Hello,
I'm trying to use adabag to make bagging and boosting with bagging() and
adabost.M1(), respectively, but in both cases it produces an abnormal
termination of R.

My code is:
bagging(I.NOSOCO~EDAD+SEXO+ESTANCIA+ADMISIÓN+T.CIRUGÍ+DURACIÓN+CONTAMIN
+PROFILAX+E.PREOPE+V.PERIFE+V.CENTRA+S.VESICA+S.NASOGA+DREN.ABI+DREN.CER
+VENTILAC+T.INMUNO+COMA+I.RENAL+DIABETES+NEOPLASI+EPOC+HEPATOPA+INMUNODE
+HIPOPROT+OBESIDAD+INFECING+NDIAGNOS,data=Datos.RL)

adaboost.M1(I.NOSOCO~EDAD+SEXO+ESTANCIA+ADMISIÓN+T.CIRUGÍ+DURACIÓN+CONTAMIN
+PROFILAX+E.PREOPE+V.PERIFE+V.CENTRA+S.VESICA+S.NASOGA+DREN.ABI+DREN.CER+VENTILAC
+T.INMUNO+COMA+I.RENAL+DIABETES+NEOPLASI+EPOC+HEPATOPA+INMUNODE+HIPOPROT+OBESIDAD
+INFECING+NDIAGNOS,data=Datos.RL)

Datos.RL is an adequate dataframe. The problem is solved if I reduce
significatively the number of predictors, but I need to use all of them.
Bagging is posible using ipred package with the same dataset, so I think
the dataframe is not the problem.
--

Prof. Dr. Antonio José Sáez Castillo