[R] Find common Markers for all animals in data frame

joe1985 johannes at dsr.life.ku.dk
Thu Apr 16 15:48:13 CEST 2009

Hello

I have a data frame looking like this;

> head(SNP2)
           Animal    Marker  All1 All2   x
3213 194073197  P1001    2    2    2
1295 194073197  P1002    1    2    1
0915 194073197  P1004    2    2    2
2833 194073197  P1005    1    1    0
1487 194073197  P1006    2    2    2
1885 194073197  P1007    1    1    0

> tail(SNP2)
               Animal     Marker  All1 All2  x
1459981 834058497  P7512    2    2    2
1460836 834058497  P7515    1    2    1
1460982 834058497  P7516    2    2    2
1460292 834058497  P7517    1    1    0
1460435 834058497  P7518    2    2    2
1461244 834058497  P7520    2    2    2

where I have 439 animal ID's with each approx 3334 Markers. But, all animals
do not have the same Markers fx. one animal have Marker P1001, another one
dont' have it! For my analysis i need the animals to have an equal number of
markers and these markers need to be the same!

So my problem is, how do find out which markers all the animals least have
in common, and make a data frame (like SNP2) with those?

Hope someone can help me.

Regards,

Johannes