[R] Graphics help

Johannes Hüsing johannes at huesing.name
Thu Apr 16 16:10:05 CEST 2009

Liz Webb schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to draw a graph as follows:
> A simplified example is that on the X axis are different countries, I have several temperature measurements taken from each country and would like to plot these linearly above each country. So one would imagine that cold countries would have lots of points at lower temperatures and the opposite for higher countries with a few outliers.

I am not entirely certain if I have understood your concept of "linearly".

Is this what you need:

temp <- replicate(5, rnorm(12)*10+rnorm(1)*10+10)
colnames(temp) <- c("Syldavia", "Borduria", "Arcadia", "Grand Fenwick", "Molvania")
stripchart(temp ~ col(temp), vertical=TRUE, group.names=colnames(temp))