[R] Digitizing the Plot

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Thu Apr 16 18:53:35 CEST 2009

	Hi!

> Wanted to check if there are any packages available for getting the
> (x,y) data points of a graph or a plot, which is in the image format.
> Say, the plot could be a published report, and I want to get the points
> of the curve plotted. (I am speaking something related the subject
> discussed in http://www.uniphiz.com/digitizing.htm)

I am not aware of an R-package but there are several applications that
produce tables from graphs which you can import into R afterwards. A
few examples:

  g3data (LINUX, opensource)
  engauge (LINUX/Windows, opensource)
  Grab it! (Windows, commercial)
  Datathief (LINUX/Windows/Mac, shareware)
  UN-SCAN-IT (Windows/Mac, commercial)

Google digs up quite a few additional hits with "digitizing graph
data".

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik