[R] R on Windows and RMySQL

silv at access.unizh.ch silv at access.unizh.ch
Fri Apr 17 12:48:27 CEST 2009

I have successfully installed R (version 2.8.1) and RMySQL (version 0.7-4)
on my PC (Windows). Now I have a problem running RMySQL on R. I constantly
receive the following error-message:

Error in utils::readRegistry("SOFTWARE\\MySQL AB", hive = "HLM", maxdepth =
2) :
   Registry-Schlüssel 'S' nicht gefunden
Error : .onLoad in 'loadNamespace' für 'RMySQL' fehlgeschlagen
Fehler: Laden von Paket/Namensraum für 'RMySQL' fehlgeschlagen

Does anyone have a clue what I should do? I don`t have any experience in
such issues. I have not installed MySQL on my PC. Could this be the solution
to my problem? Is it true that RMySQL does work properly on R only if you
first install MySQL?

Thanks for your answer...