[R] Rd: how to put a prime in a code fragment?

Dan Kelley kelley.dan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 14:49:58 CEST 2009

I have written a function for my 'oce' package that creates a data.frame
containing a variable name with a prime in it.  (I use prime to indicate
coordinate rotation, a reasonably standard convention that motivates the odd
variable name.)

How can I name that in an Rd file?  I tried \code{u'} but R-2.9.0 doesn't
like to build my package then, since it thinks I'm opening a string.  So I
tried \code{u\'} but then the backslash appears in the documentation.