[R] creating a package in R

Antonio.Gasparrini at lshtm.ac.uk Antonio.Gasparrini at lshtm.ac.uk
Sun Apr 19 15:02:37 CEST 2009

Dear R users,

I created some functions I want to convert in a package under Windows (Vista or XP).
I carefully read both "Writing R extensions" by the R Development Core Team and "Creating R packages: a tutorial" by Friedrich Leisch.
I've also installed Rtools as suggested.
These tutorials are very useful, but I'm struggling with the last step of the installation process: after running package.skeleton, creating the directory and modifying the help files, I cannot understand where I should run the commands R CMD INSTALL, check and build.

Sorry for the stupid question, but I've been stuck for weeks with this problem.
Thanks for your help

Antonio Gasparrini
Public and Environmental Health Research Unit (PEHRU)
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Office: 0044 (0)20 79272406 - Mobile: 0044 (0)79 64925523