[R] graph with 15 combinations

Penner, Johannes Johannes.Penner at mfn-berlin.de
Mon Apr 20 21:04:13 CEST 2009

Dear R helpers,

I have a data set with 4 types (W, C, E & S). Now I have values for all
types plus all possible combinations (the order is unimportant): W, C,
WC, E, WE, CE, WCE, S, WS, CS, WCS, ES, WES, CES & WCES. Ideally I would
like to represent everything in one graph and as concise as possible.
Drawing 4 circles and depicting it as overlap just gives me 13 out of
the 15 possibilities needed (as e.g. depicted here
http://www.psy.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/classic9e.html in the graph
"Four circles surrounding illusion").

Does anybody has a nice solution, ideally with a possible solution in R?

Thanks in advance!
Johannes

--
Project Coordinator BIOTA West Amphibians

Museum of Natural History
Dep. of Research (Herpetology)
Invalidenstrasse 43
D-10115 Berlin