[R] bug when subtracting decimals?

Stephan Kolassa Stephan.Kolassa at gmx.de
Mon Apr 20 21:32:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

Gavin Simpson wrote:

> I bemoan the apparent inability of those asking such questions to use
> the resources provided to solve these problems for themselves...

Looking at all the people who quite obviously do NOT "read the posting
guide and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible
code", I wonder whether the mailing list could be configured to reply to
each new mail (not replies in a thread) with an automated mail like this:

"Have you read the posting guide and the FAQs? If you do not get a reply
within two days, you may want to look at both and think about
reformulating your query. Oh, and while you are at it, look through the
archives, a lot of questions have already been asked and answered before."

Just a thought,
Stephan