[R] My surprising experience in trying out REvolution's R

David M Smith david at revolution-computing.com
Tue Apr 21 20:00:45 CEST 2009

That's our guess too.  We're running some tests now on the code to see
what's going on, and it's entirely possible the performance gains are
a function of the problem size, so we're testing that too. Changes in
R between 2.7.2 (upon which REvolution R is currently based) and 2.9.0
are also a confounding factor.  (I'm assuming the timings reported
were on 2.9, not 1.9 as stated.) I'll report back here when I have
more details.

# David Smith

--
David M Smith <david at revolution-computing.com>