[R] Discover significant change in sorted vector

Hans-Henning Gabriel hanshenning.gabriel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:45:55 CEST 2009

Gabor, initially this looked like the perfect solution, exactly what I
need.

Unfortunately it is too expensive/costly. I have vectors of length 800
and more, my machine needs > 5 minutes (I aborted) to compute the
breakpoints. Required is computation time < 1 sec. :)

Any other suggestions? Maybe there is another approach not that
perfect as from the strucchange package, but still sufficient?

Best
Henning