[R] Setting lattice par parameters

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Thu Apr 23 16:05:26 CEST 2009

Sundar,

Thank you very much.  I see my mistake.  Much appreciated.

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Spatial Statistical Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282
Fax     (305) 224 - 4147

             Sundar Dorai-Raj
             <sdorairaj at gmail.
                                       Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
             04/23/2009 06:56                                           cc
             AM MST                    r-help Help <r-help at r-project.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [R] Setting lattice par
                                       parameters

Because you're not calling trellis.par.set correctly. It should be:

trellis.par.set(par.ylab.text = list(cex = 0.65), par.xlab.text =
list(cex = 0.65))

However, I usually do things like this:

my.theme <- list(par.ylab.text = list(cex = 0.65), par.xlab.text =
list(cex = 0.65))
barchart(..., par.settings = my.theme)

so the settings are only changed for the current plot and not globally.

HTH,

--sundar