[R] Failing to print mer object in an RData image

Robert Zimbardo robertzimbardo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:20:25 CEST 2009

> Have you load lme4 before you print the object?
Yes, I have.

> If yes, it may be caused by the change of representation of "mer" class.
That may be so (although the image was saved on 12/19/2008, i.e. AFTER
the release data of the lmer version I have now. But maybe I did that
on a different computer. Question though: does that mean that the mer
object is now inaccessible and the only way to get the data back is to
run the analyses again? The changes are not backward compatible??

Thx,
RZ