[R] issue building my own package... moving from Apple OS to Windows

Daryl Morris darylm at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 24 23:25:15 CEST 2009

Thanks for the various responses.

It was easier than I thought to get all the tools together and setup
Windows paths for the build process.  I've been successful now on Windows.

BUT... how do I make a package which DOES NOT require R CMD INSTALL to
install?  Obviously, it should not be required for everyone to have Perl
on their Windows box to install a package.

When I tried to install the .tar.gz file from the GUI, I got the same
errors as I did when I used the version I had built on my Apple.

Error in gzfile(file,"r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In unzip(zipname, exdir=dest) :error 1 in extracting from zip file
2: In gzfile(file,"r"):
cannot open compressed file
'multgeneriskpredperf_1.0.tar.gz/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such
file or directory'

Thanks, Daryl