[R] saved workspace

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Sat Apr 25 20:57:08 CEST 2009

There are functions for that, see ?unlink and ?file.rename (and several others on that same page).  They can be used to remove or rename the .Rdata file, but there are several other ways to remove/rename the file as well.  Under windows you can click on the file menu, choose "Load Workspace", then right click on the file and choose from the menu whether to delete or rename.  But it is still easiest to do deleting/renaming using the operating system before running R.

You could have also removed everything from your workspace while running R, then saved the now empty workspace (there are commands/functions to do those things as well).  Then the next time you start R the empty workspace will load quickly enough that you probably won't notice.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org