[R] refit with binomial model (lme4)

Eric Elguero Eric.Elguero at mpl.ird.fr
Mon Apr 27 14:20:26 CEST 2009

Dear R users,

I'm trying to use function 'refit' from lme4
and I get this error that I can't understand:

> refit(dolo4.model4,cbind(uu,50-uu))
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "refit", for signature
"mer", "matrix"

if I try:

> refit(dolo4.model4,uu)
Error in asMethod(object) : matrix is not symmetric [1,2]

I get this error message that I can no more
understand but which suggests that refit expects
two columns.

the initial model was:

> dolo4.model4 at call
glmer(formula = cbind(sortis, restes) ~ mean.co2 + (1 | sujet),
    data = dollo4.df, family = binomial)

R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)

and

Package: lme4