[R] Setting R not to try to contact a CRAN repository

Richard Croy Richard.Croy at fonterra.com
Tue Apr 28 00:05:40 CEST 2009

Hello,
I have a computer running R that cannot see the Internet. When I start
RGui it asks me to select a CRAN mirror. This always fails, of course.
When I restart R the selection window comes up again. This is very
problematic when trying to run R in Emacs/ESS. I have been unable to
find a way to stop Rgui asking for a CRAN mirror.

How can I configure R so that it does not attempt to connect to a CRAN
mirror?

Thank you,

Richard Croy

DISCLAIMER:\ This email contains confidential informatio...{{dropped:11}}