[R] help on bwplot function

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Tue Apr 28 11:15:24 CEST 2009

He, Yulei <he <at> hcp.med.harvard.edu> writes:

> I am using R function bwplot to plot box plots. I would like to change some
parameters of the typical box
> plots. For example, I would like to try different types of whisker lines. I
can use whiskerline=x in
> boxplot function but not in bwplot function. Could you tell me how I can do it
in the latter?

For a detailed documentation of bwplot, check panel.bwplot. By typing

panel.bwplot

without the (), you get the code, and you will notice some lines at the
top that could give you a hint where to tweak some more details.

   box.dot <- trellis.par.get("box.dot")
    box.rectangle <- trellis.par.get("box.rectangle")
    box.umbrella <- trellis.par.get("box.umbrella")
    plot.symbol <- trellis.par.get("plot.symbol")

Dieter