[R] truehist and density plots

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Apr 28 15:29:51 CEST 2009

carol white wrote:
> OK but how to generalize so that the max of y would cover for all subsets of b? because 50:70 was just an example, so consider other subsets (known or unknow in advance) whose density will be plotted on the histogram.

Take all subsets at first and calculate the max of all those density
estimates of all substes, then plot all the estimates, as I have done
for just 1 sample.

> But since b is the full set, why it doesn't contain the max of y for all subsets?

Consult a textbook about statistics:
Consider a density estimate of just very few numbers with very small
variance (which might happen), you'd get a very high estimate at the center.

Uwe Ligges

> thanks

>>> truehist(b)