[R] duplicate 'row.names' are not allowed

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Apr 28 16:15:33 CEST 2009

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 28.04.2009 15:09:55:

> Thanks, I can't use the name as a variable because I need to create a
matrix
> which does include only numerical values!

If you are 100% sure about dimensions let your numeric matrix be without
row names and put names into separate character vector, which can be used
together with matrix. But you must check consistency yourself.

Or use data frame where all columns except column with names can be
numeric and you can easily extract numeric columns and transfer them to
matrix.

Regards
Petr

> --- Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de> schrieb am Di,
28.4.2009:

> Von: Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>
> Betreff: Re: [R] duplicate 'row.names' are not allowed
> An: "amor Gandhi" <amorigandhi at yahoo.de>
> CC: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch, "S Ellison" <S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk>
> Datum: Dienstag, 28. April 2009, 15:04
>

> amor Gandhi wrote:
> > Yes, I would like, but what I sent you was just an example! I am
reading a
> huge data, so I cant do it by hand, could you please tell how to do this
in R,
> some of the names are also coming one after another.
>
> But I do not understand why you would habe it as row.names and not as a
> separate variavle.
>
> And I do not undertsand which principle is behind your renaming. You
> need to give a real example.
>
> Uwe Ligges
>

> > Many thanks
> >
> > --- Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de> schrieb am Di,
28.4.2009:

> > Von: Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>
> > Betreff: Re: [R] duplicate 'row.names' are not allowed
> > An: "amor Gandhi" <amorigandhi at yahoo.de>
> > CC: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch, "S Ellison" <S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk>
> > Datum: Dienstag, 28. April 2009, 14:52
> >

> > amor Gandhi wrote:
> >> Thank you for your reply :)! Is it possible to solve the problem by
using
> A.4, A.4a, A.9 and A.91? How one cand do this in R?
> >

> > Err, change "A.4" to "A.4a" in your code?
> >
> > Uwe
> >

> >> Many thanks

use...{{dropped:13}}