[R] Cannot update.packages (error message)

Richardson, Patrick Patrick.Richardson at vai.org
Tue Apr 28 16:21:28 CEST 2009

Hi Uwe,

I was able to reinstall every package you suggested except for "gregmisc" (see below)

package 'gregmisc' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Error in unpackPkg(foundpkgs[okp, 2L], foundpkgs[okp, 1L], lib) :
  malformed bundle DESCRIPTION file, no Contains field

I've again tried update.packages() and the ones that fail are:
fBasics
Matrix
plm
R2HTML
timeSeries
zoo

When trying to install the above packages I receive the same error are originally reported (same as in "gregmisc").

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Patrick