[R] Cannot update.packages (error message)

Richardson, Patrick Patrick.Richardson at vai.org
Tue Apr 28 23:29:51 CEST 2009

Uwe,

I deleted "gregmisc" from by library folder and ran update.packages() again and I still get the same error:

package 'fBasics' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Error in unpackPkg(foundpkgs[okp, 2L], foundpkgs[okp, 1L], lib) :
  malformed bundle DESCRIPTION file, no Contains field

Best regards,

Patrick