[R] Which features would you like to see on the crantastic.org community portal?

Bjørn Arild Mæland bjorn.maeland at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 00:15:58 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> As some of you know, one of the R Projects ideas for GSOC 2009 is to
> expand the crantastic.org portal. Some ideas for what should be done
> is mentioned in Hadley Wickham's project description [1], others have
> been briefly mentioned on this mailing list before. Undoubtedly,
> however, there are many other good ideas out there that could be
> implemented. Please suggest any ideas you might have for such a
> package portal. The main focus, as I see it, is to make it as easy as
> possible to find the package you are looking for, without knowing the
> name of the package.
>
> To facilitate both collection of ideas and voting to show which ideas
> are most popular, I've setup an account at uservoice.com, available
> from this URL: http://crantastic.uservoice.com/pages/general . No
> signup is required to vote and/or add your ideas, so please go ahead.
>
> Best regards,
> Bjørn Arild Mæland
> Would-be GSOC student
>
> [1]: http://www.statistik.lmu.de/~eugster/soc09/#p1

I'm just providing a short update:

First of all, this project made it into GSoC - this means that I will
work full time on crantastic.org for three months this summer! I hope
to get to implement a lot of the great ideas that has been submitted.
It's also great that people keep adding ideas to
http://crantastic.uservoice.com/pages/14786-general , and also take
the time to vote on the ideas they like the most. We're not far away
from actually getting new features published to the site
(http://crantastic.org/) - a bunch of stuff is already implemented in
the development branch [1].

We're currently in the process of setting up a blog which will be used
to provide progress updates and status reports, etc. The URL will be
announced at a later stage.

Best regards,
Bjørn Arild Mæland

[1]: http://github.com/Chrononaut/crantastic/tree/master