[R] problem about finding power in test about variances

ati sundar atisundar at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 09:13:39 CEST 2009

Hello All

I am new to this list. I have a problem where for a single sample drawn from normal population, null hypothesis is that variance = k (say). Alternative hypothesis is variance > k. Now if we know the true variance, then I would like to calculate the sample size required to produce certain power (for some
significance). How do I do this ? I thought of using pwr.chisq.test, and I contacted the author stephane champely, but he said his package can't do this. Does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks
Ati