[R] problem in reading data

tedzzx zengzhenxing at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 15:28:30 CEST 2009

Dear R users
I am runing into a problem in reading data in R
This is the error information

a<-read.table("tt_mb_200409.txt",as.is=T)
Error in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines, na.strings,
:
  line 1653997 did not have 5 elements

It seams that some lines don't have equal variables. I want to try

> a<-read.table("tt_mb_200409.txt",as.is=T,fill=T)
> a[1653997,]
           V1      V2        V3     V4     V5
1653997 00992 2777010

But, I want to delect the rows that do not have the same number of variables
with others, how can I do this?

Many thanks

Ted