[R] How to stop an R script when running JGR on a Linux/SuSE system

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 2 15:57:28 CEST 2009

> This issue was addressed in a recent discussion [1].
> Liviu
>
> [1] http://mailman.rz.uni-augsburg.de/pipermail/stats-rosuda-devel/2009q2/001106.html

I would like to add a few points to this list, some of them I personally
find even more annoying then some of them mentioned there:

actions "cut" and "paste" as an alternative to <ctrl>-x and <ctrl>-c to
make it compliant with CUA and behave like virtually every other editor
in existance. (this is my most important concern, i use it all the time
when moving rearranging lines, being used to eclipse, SciTE, Kate, even
MS-Word, OpenOffice or notepad on windows, everytime i try to cut/paste
I already have a finger of the left hand on the shift-key (from
selecting the text) and it takes one or two seconds to realize that the
intended shortcut is missing and then move both hands to find the other
two keys on the keyboard)

- change the keyboard shortcuts for block-indent and block-dedent to the

- remove the restriction of a minimal window size for the console
window, allow the user to resize it as small as he wants.

- add a shortcut for "run all", this is the only menu item without
shortcut. <F5> would be a good choice as some other widely used
editor/shell combinations for other languages have similar functionality
on that key too (SciTE, IDLE, etc.), it seems to be some kind of
standard too.

Bernd