[R] Likelihood Function for Multinomial Logistic Regression and its partial derivatives

nikolay12 nikolay12 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 21:39:33 CEST 2009

Thanks a lot. The info about computing the gradient will be helpful.

I admit that I am somewhat confused about the likelihood function itself. It
is often said that you need to set a reference category. However, I found
two different implementations in Matlab for which setting the reference
category is not really obvious. Thus I wanted to find a single, indisputable
implementation of the likelihood function for multinomous logistic
regression in R. Can't believe there is no such available.

Nick