[R] Installing package for i386

Sarah Hawley sarah at canaryfoundation.org
Mon Aug 3 22:01:59 CEST 2009

I am trying to install a package from a collaborator that was given to me as
a zip file.
I'm running R 2.9.0 using Mac OSX 10.5.7
[R.app GUI 1.28 (5395) i386-apple-darwin8.11.1]

foo.zip contains all the usual package directories (man, R, R-ex, etc)
After unzipping foo, I used the following commands.

$ R CMD INSTALL foo
* Installing to library Œ/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library¹
* Installing *binary* package Œfoo¹ ...
* DONE (foo)

I open the R GUI and type
> library(foo)
Error: package 'flsa' is not installed for 'arch=i386'

I assume this error has something to do with my Linux architecture but I
have no idea what is really going on.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Sarah