[R] Build a dataframe row by row?

Remko Duursma remkoduursma at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 01:57:43 CEST 2009

Hi Noah,

there are a few ways to do this. Easiest is to keep adding an element
to a list, and then make it into a dataframe at the end, like this:

resultlis <- list()
for(i in 1:10){

# your calculations here
datavec <- runif(3)

resultlis[[i]] <- datavec

}
resultdfr <- as.data.frame(do.call("rbind", resultlis))

greetings,
Remko

Remko Duursma
Post-Doctoral Fellow