[R] stepwise

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Aug 5 13:21:37 CEST 2009

It's a bit of a puzzle to me that this has remained unanswered for 7
hours. Perhaps the readers who know the answers are reluctant to offer
them because they have such low opinions of stepwise strategies but do
not want to express such negativity. Or perhaps they thought that an
RSiteSearch would be the natural first step and they wanted you to
review other resources before offering an easy answer. Or the summer
holiday season is peaking, in Europe, not for Argentina, though.

http://search.r-project.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=stepwise+LRT&max=100&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=functions&idxname=Rhelp08&idxname=views&idxname=Rhelp02

Summary of discussion found above:

?step  # and set k parameter to 3.84

But don't do it, especially if you don't understand why not to do it.

On Aug 5, 2009, at 12:32 AM, Luciana Melina Pozzi wrote:

> Dear R members,
>
> I would like to know if there is a stepwise function that gives LRT
> value
> instaed of AIC?
> thanks in advance,
> Luciana Pozzi