[R] Stacked plots with common x-axis and different y-axis

Jason Rupert jasonkrupert at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 15:20:46 CEST 2009

Gabor,

Thanks a ton for your insights.

Two questions - Here is the code I tried to run:
z <- with(airquality, zoo(cbind(Wind, Temp), Month + (Day - 1)/31))
plot(z,
     ylab=c("Wind  (mph)", "Temp (Deg F)"), col=c("royalblue1", "red3"),
     xlab = c("Month Index", col="dark red"))

grid()

The grid does not appear to fit within the x-axis and y-axis limits, and also the Month Index text appears to be corrupted.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks again for the insights.