[R] Durbin-Watson

Hardi sky_drake at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 10:37:05 CEST 2009

Thank you for all your reply, especially Alan

Now I understand better how does the durbin watson test works. But this means that my residuals are not independent (note that I'm doing this test to validate the ANOVA assumption that the residuals are independent).

The results were taken from a simulation result and each run are supposed to be independent to each other and I am grouping the data based on design points. The plot from residuals vs fitted and residuals vs time looks random enough although each groups has slightly different variance.

Am I heading the correct way here, by testing the independence of the whole residuals (which resulting the failure of independence test) or should I test for the independence for each groups? (which resulting the passing of the test).

Thank you very much,

~ Hardi