[R] polygon centroids

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Aug 8 20:05:26 CEST 2009

I think that Daniel is correct, and that you are mistaking the console
representation from the internal one - try ?print and look at the digits=
option. In general, note that get.Pcent() is not currently used, and
coordinates() of a SpatialPolygonsDataFrame object read in using, for
example, readShapeSpatial() in maptools will return centroids for
(multi)-polygon objects. You might have got more response on the R-sig-geo
list.

Roger