[R] Slicing cra**y csv files

jorgusch hackl.schorsch at web.de
Tue Aug 11 10:39:59 CEST 2009

Hello,

For not too regular users of R, preparing the data is somehow a burden.

Comming from iMacro in FireFox I get a badly designed csv, which I need to
put into a daily R script.
The data looks like that (e.g.):
22 Results,"35 Results","39 Results","2 Results","7 Results","23
Results","42 Results","36 Results","22 Results","28 Results"

and R does this to it:
             V1         V2         V3        V4        V5         V6
V7
1 22 Results 35 Results 39 Results 2 Results 7 Results 23 Results 42
Results
          V8         V9        V10
1 36 Results 22 Results 28 Results

I just need the numbers as a vector.

Excel can do it with a few lines of VBA, but there must be a way to do it
directly in R, would make things easier.

Thanks a lot!
 jorgusch