[R] ggplot: colours to geom_segments

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 11 16:37:59 CEST 2009

> Paul Emberson
> "You need to map colour to a variable.  Try
> geom_segment(mapping=aes(colour=Food)) "

That did it.  Apparently I have not gotten to 'mapping' yet in the book!

> Thierry.ONKELINX
> You need to change colour = "darkgreen" into aes(colour = Food). This
> will give a different colour along Food.

Not exactly, Thierry, I wanted to change the line colours but your
solution has solved my next problem which was to make the points and the
lines have the same colours.

Thanks to both of you.

Next Question

How do I select colours rather than using the predetermined ones? I know that I should, at least, be able to use RColorBrewer but I have not figured out how yet.

Thanks again.

John