[R] Sorting text docs based on document meta values in tm()

Shad Thomas shad.thomas at glassboxresearch.com
Wed Aug 12 02:44:55 CEST 2009

Hi Kelvin,

I'm new to R and tm myself, however here is a way that you can sort your
corpus.  Please keep in mind that there may be a more efficient approach --
but this will get the job done.

Basically, there are three steps (in pseudo code):
1.  Extract the meta data for Age into a list
2.  Sort the list by Age
3.  Create a new corpus by copying entries from the old corpus in age order

Your actual code would look something like this:
agelist <- lapply(mycorpus, meta, tag = "Age")
agedf <- data.frame(age=as.character(agelist))
agelistorder <- order(agedf$age)
mysortedcorpus <- mycorpus[agelistorder,]

IHTH,
Shad Thomas
www.glassboxresearch.com