[R] pretty display or print for data frames ?

Leon Yee yee.leon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 06:38:26 CEST 2009

Hi, all

     I have a question of adjusting the output of a data frame with many
columns. By default, print() will print out several columns according to
the window size, and then it scrolls down and print out left columns.
How can I make it print all the columns in the same line?
     I found options(width=80 or 120 or whatever) will the change the
behavior of print() and got the effect what I want, but using a
parameter directly doesn't work: print(x, width=xxx).
     Can anyone help me out? thanks.

Regards,
Leon