[R] axis scale

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Wed Aug 12 17:26:36 CEST 2009

Without a short reproducible example your question is difficult to
understand, and difficult to give a useful answer.
See comments below.

-Don

At 7:13 AM -0700 8/12/09, maram salem wrote:
>Dear All,
>I'm trying to plot a histogram (with the relative frequencies as the
>Y axis), But the scale of the y axis is given by
>0e+00, 1e-04, 2e-04, 3e-04,.........
>
>Now, I have 2 questions
>1- Does (1e-04=0.01831563)?

No, 1e-4 does not equal 0.01831563.
1e-4 = 0.0001

>2- If this true,how can i change the given scale to
>(0.01,0.03,0.05,0.07,0.09)?

Since it's not true I suppose you don't need to change the scale?

If the relative frequency of some bin is 0.0001, why would you want
to label it 0.01? That would be incorrect.

I find it somewhat difficult to produce a histogram, using hist(),
with a relative frequency scale, and with relative frequencies on the
order of 10 to the minus 4. This is another reason why a reproducible
example is necessary.

--
Don MacQueen